*This Canadian-made 3D mask for singers is surgical quality (ASTM Level 3 certified), packs flat with enhanced fit, and is comfortable, easy to breathe and sing through, and latex free. It's as light as the weight of a nickel.
Its 3-layer construction includes a melt-blown polypropylene filter layer, but -- most importantly for singers -- is its very high filtration performance, ≥98%, with roomy 3D shape (despite packing flat!) for enhanced volume and filtration surface area. And it is extremely light and comfortable to wear, with negligible impact on sound production. Every sealed pack is QR code traceable.
One size (medium-large) available.
Each sealed package bears a QR code tracing back to manufacture and tracking lot code, date of manufacture and key information for safety and authenticity.
- 1. Open the top and bottom panels. Rest the top panel with the nose-piece on your nose and secure the bottom panel under your chin.
- 2. Place an ear loop around each ear.
- 3. Using both hands, mold the nose piece to the shape of your nose.
Comfort, safety, weight of a nickel. Try them!
Some key points to remember in comparison to expensive alternatives on the market include:
- Our have better filtration (≥98%). They're American Standards for Testing and Materials (ASTM) certified, level 3.
- It's not like strapping a mid-weight hat to the side of your head for hours
- Ours, while 3D style with volume, don't have to be enormous to get a good flow rate, so they don't project so far out as to be in the way of reading your music! Why? Because the whole mask is the filter, not just a panel (needing replacement) in a much larger mask.
- You'll never have to jar-wash and hang-dry each time, or buy multiples of expensive varieties to avoid wearing a wet mask next day.
Finally, some tips for singers who wear glasses. These apply to ALL masks and you might know them already; may they be helpful:
- * 3M makes a brand of clear flexible plastic medical tapes (Nexcare™), choose their "Flexible Clear First Aid Tape". Take a 3-4" strip and put it half on the nose-bridge of the mask and half on you. Then you can sing Gilbert & Sullivan's "I am the Very Model of a Modern Major General" at top speed and full volume and contort your face any way you want...and never get a hint of breath escaping to fog your glasses. It works like a charm and is near-invisible under your glasses. We can't buy the huge minimum order quantity from 3M to offer it to you at a reasonable price so just mosey on down to your local drug store (while whistling airs from Pinafore?) for this.
- * Alternately, glasses straps (a couple dollars at a 'dollar store' - match your hair color!) i.e. the ones for doing sports with glasses (you can cinch them tighter)...will hold your glasses pressed back against your mask and do the same almost as well.